Distribuir contenido

Uniform Translations

64 respuestas [Último envío]
Taliana
Imagen de Taliana
Desconectado/a
TranslatorMessenger
se unió: Ene 26 2014

Is OHBs project theoretically still open? Because I tried to register, but never got the email ... and no, it's also not in the spam filter ...

MO:ULa KI# 01423543

Nev'yn
Imagen de Nev'yn
Desconectado/a
Forum moderatorMagazine teamCavern CrierMessenger
se unió: Nov 15 2011

As far as I know it is...Perhaps Doobes can send your message to OHB? I think there is also a thread located on the Moula forums.

Sorry I don't have the time to search for it. Gotta get ready for work.

| "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander |

Taliana
Imagen de Taliana
Desconectado/a
TranslatorMessenger

No problem :) Thanks for all your help anyway! I'll go look for that thread. But there's no reason to hurry I guess, I checked out old translations from Polgara and try to stick to her vocabulary.

Taliana
Imagen de Taliana
Desconectado/a
TranslatorMessenger

Ron and I have talked about the differences between our translations and that we don´t want to confuse the explorers with it. So we came up with the idea of a sort of a dictionary for the most important stuff. It can be used as a guide for translations and also from other explorers just looking for a special translation.

If this is interesting for other languages as well we can perhaps create a new Guild book on the top or in misc. Or maybe there´s a completely different possibility.

We are back here again, only this time it was Polgara and me discussing.

We found that while for the general terms from the MYSTverse and the games or the community in general, GULP is a nice source, there are still also some terms that just don't belong there from our point of view. Terms like 'Heritage Night', for example (that was the translation that brought us back to this topic). So we are still wondering if maybe we should open a guildbook labeled 'translations', with pages for certain thematic groups of terms ('Events', 'Guilds', 'RL stuff' ...), and on each page, a table where terms are entered, and their translations can be added where available.

What do the other active translators think? Korovev, Dagnarus? Anybody else occasionally doing translations?

And who could set up these pages?